Thursday, April 11, 2013

Stressed Less

Stress
Photo Credit:  Alan Cleaver

To be stressed less -- it sounds divine! It also seems too good to be true.  But that's exactly what I need and want at this point in my life.

I haven't been coping well lately. Life has worn me down. 

My dire situation is not well known because I've become very good at maintaining the façade that says "I'm okay", when in reality I'm barely hanging on my a string.

I'm tired and I'm worn out. Status quo is not working for me.

I started a study of Stressed-Less Living: Finding God's Peace in Your Chaotic World by Tracie Miles this week hosted by Melissa Taylor. Talk about perfect timing!

While this book has proven beneficial to me so far, I know that a book alone cannot fix my problem. The only one who can help me -- to transform me -- is God.  Only God can help me stop trying to control circumstances and people (a major source of my stress) and teach me control my emotions and reactions (another source of my stress).

Every day will be filled with situations and people who will push my buttons.  I need to learn how to respond to these challenges, while being the salt and light to the world.  And along the way, I hope to find the peace, joy and contentment that I've lost.
 

7 comments:

  1. Rebecca,

    I loved your post and your honesty. You are so right. There is nothing we can do to fix ourselves. Only God can help us. He is the only one we need to turn to. Thank you for reminding me to surrender to Him and thank you for sharing. Have a beautiful evening.

    Kristy Aiken (OBS Group Leader)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had my share of stress the last few weeks, too, and appreciated your post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book sounds good. I appreciate your honest sharing. I am a bit of a news junkie and lately the noise of the world has been too much. I have a 40 minute drive to my job and use to have the radio on continuously. Lately I have kept it off. In the silence I can reflect on my recent Bible study, family and church issues. I am able to pray out loud as I drive. It is good for my spirit.
    May your peace and joy be restored.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand how you feel when everything gets to. Much and you don't know which way to turn. That is when we need to draw especially close to our Lord to receive an extra portion of grace! Visiting via Charlotte's.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could have written this myself, so I appreciate your honesty. I'm glad to have read this early on in the weekend...(o:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honest awesome post. I really appreciate it.... For me....I deal with life stresses and there are via writing, hiking the trails or hills and my faith. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the first time I read your blog ( via Esther Joy ). Its very recognizable to me, what you write. I aprreciated your posting. What me helps me at this point, Yurn teh laptop off, after seven o'clock in the evening. No TV. But read a book, do something simple. But I know, like you, that more is needed.I need Our Lord :-)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails