Monday, October 29, 2012

I Need Accountability

dog on treadmill Photo Credit: normanack

After a recent birthday and realizing I'm in the worst shape of my life, I decided two weeks ago to get fit once and for all. I mean I have tried to eating right and exercising in the past so many times that I've lost count.

My most recent attempt has resulted in me exercising 8 out of the last 14 days for 20 to 30 minutes at a time.  I think this is a good starting point.  As for nutrition, I have room to improve.

In the past two weeks, I have learned:
  • I have low expectations about what I am capable of, and as a result, I don't push myself. I can do a lot more physically than I think I can.
  • I'm prone to be an emotional eater. I need to process my emotions instead of trying to soothe myself with food.
  • I don't always listen to my body, and I eat too much, particularly at social gatherings.
  • I need accountability to be successful with my fitness plan. Even though it's only been two weeks, I can feel myself wanting to fall off the fitness wagon. I think I've failed with past attempts to get fit because I lacked accountability.
So, here's my game plan:
  • My goal is to exercise 30 minutes a day at least 5 times a week.
  • I'm going to journal my feelings to deal my emotional eating.
  • I'm going to eat slowly and resign from the "clean plate club" to avoid overeating.
  • I'm going to check in Count Me Accountable and with Stick With It Saturday to gain the accountability that I need.

How do you stay on track with your fitness goals? I would love to know your secret!






No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails