Thursday, March 01, 2012

Seeking Jesus

I'll seek You in the Morning
Photo Credit:  Kelsey_lovefusionphoto (Creative Commons)


Matthew 14:34-36 states, "When they had crossed over, they landed at Gennesaret. And when the men of that place recognized Jesus, they sent word to all the surrounding country. People brought all their sick to him and begged him to let the sick just touch the edge of his cloak, and all who touched it were healed."

I wonder if those who came to Jesus at Gennesaret realized that Jesus could do so much more for them than heal their physical bodies. Did they know that Jesus could heal them spiritually?

Which makes me consider how many times have I gone to Jesus with my pressing physical needs, but missed out on opportunities to be touched spiritually by Him because I fail to linger in His presence. How often do I do come to Jesus and do all the talking and never give Jesus an opportunity to say anything. I'm afraid this happens more often than I would like to admit.

Regardless if the people knew what Jesus could do for them spiritually, Jesus had compassion for all who came to Him for healing because each of them came to Him out of faith. Jesus always responds to the one who comes to him by faith.

Faith brings us to Jesus seeking His help for our problems -- finances, health, career, relationships -- and faith should keep us near to Jesus so we can be transformed spiritually to be more like Him. 


Jesus, forgive me for coming to You with my requests for You to fulfill and failing to fellowship with you as I should. I'm grateful for the abundant gifts You've bestowed upon me, but I want You to know that I love You, the Giver of all good gifts, more that the gifts themselves. I want to grow closer to You and become more like You. Help me to speak less and listen more when we are sharing our quiet time together so we can have a true conversation like friends should. In Your name, I pray. Amen






8 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca! Thank you for visiting me at Pondered Thoughts and of rblessing me with your comment. Yes, Jesus can heal us and fill us up to overflowing spiritually, we just have to embrace it....embrace Him. All good things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca,
    I really like your post today and was touched by your prayer. It made me think that I don't want to just pile my requests at Jesus' feet. I want to spend time with Him!

    Thanks for visiting my blog today and for your comment. I'm about to reply to it now.

    In Christ,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good and honest thought, Rebecca. Things I need to be reminded of often. Thanks for sharing your heart. Thanks also for linking up at Bless a Blogger. I'm praying that you will be blessed this week as you minister through your written words and His written Word. Gail
    P.S. I think you noticed that I'm going to start Bless a Blogger on Sunday evenings and close it on Friday. Sorry about the changes, but so glad you linked up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving image - and great words to ponder. Thanks for the visit to my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebecca, so true - seeking Jesus fills our every need! Thank you for stopping by Power in the Prayer Closet and taking time to comment!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your prayer was very touching. I have been guilty of only coming to Him for my needs.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen. I can identify with this as I'm sure many people can. Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is why he doesn't always answer our prayers right away--he wants our hearts even more than he wants to answer our requests. Thank you for sharing something I am so capable of forgetting.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails