Monday, March 26, 2012

Reality Check (My One Word 2012)

10/365
Photo Credit:  mistermundo (Creative Commons)


When I wrote about choosing hope for My One Word for this year, the post ended on an optimistic note . . .looking forward to the future with much hope, etc. That's just me. . .I'm a glass half full kind of gal, and I always like to end on a high note, if possible.


However, I'm concerned that the ending to that post may give the wrong impression.  I don't want anyone to think that since I choose My One Word that my life is fixed and that I no longer struggle with doubts and discouragement. 


In fact a few weeks ago my hope was almost non-existent. I didn't want to hang in there anymore. I wanted to run way and escape.


I wondered how did I get in this pit of misery so quickly and would I ever get out of it.


As I ranted, I spilled out my raw emotions to the Lord.  The tears flowed freely that day, and God patiently listened to me.  


Over and over the Holy Spirit whispered encouragement to me. He reminded of God's promises in Jeremiah 29:11, Isaiah 43:18-19 and Romans 8:28.


Slowly but surely I found myself emerging from my hopeless pit.


That miserable day is proof that I don't have My One Word figured out. I'm still suspectible to losing my hope. However, what I have noticed is that it doesn't take me as long to go from hopeless to hopeful. It's small progress that I find encouraging.


Therefore do not throw away your confidence which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised. Hebrews 10:35-36 (ESV)


Linking with On Your Heart Tuesday, Soli de Gloria and Life Unmasked.

1 comment:

  1. Life in the ups and downs ... now there's the rub.

    Beautiful thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails