Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Choosing Hope (My One Word 2012)

hope
Photo Credit: pol sifter (Creative Commons)

I began contemplating My One Word for 2012 in late November, but couldn't really find one that seem to fit.  Then I read an article about choosing your One Word by considering what one thing you need the most.  

Well, that made it simple because the word "Hope" immediately came to mind.

Why was hope such an urgent need?  Because I was finding myself entering 2012, a time of a new beginning, stressed out, burned out and honestly, without hope. Sure I had head knowledge that Jesus is my hope, but somewhere in the midst of the discouragements of life and being disappointed by others, I had lost my heart knowledge of my hope in Christ

I was struggling to see God's hand in my life. I was overwhelmed because nothing in my life seemed to change. I was procrastinating doing things I knew I should do because I didn't think it would make a difference anyway. I felt stuck and helpless. My lack of hope had neutralized me. It was affecting me physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.

I wanted my hope back so I would be free from doubt, fear, discouragement, bitterness, criticism and jealousy.  Not a pretty list, is it?  But the by-products of hopeless are an ugly collection of emotions and attitudes.

I was ready to be free of hopeless. I believed hope was the key to things I desired in my life...a stronger faith and a deeper sense of peace, joy and contentment.

Six weeks into this year my attitude and outlook are completely different all because I chose HOPE! Choosing hope is the catalyst for change. 

I'm excited to see what God does the rest of this year in my life through My One Word.

Linking with Life Unmasked and Spiritual Sunday.






14 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! I'm glad your 2012 is shaping up with Hope. Choosing hope...well said! Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your word! Hope does bring optimism and joy. Mine is vessel, and as I've been intentionally asking to be used, I am seeing ways it is happening. I love how getting intentional changes everything. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your word! Hope does shift your perspective. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're finding transformation through your OneWord. Mine this year is "success". I picked hard words the last two years, and I am really looking forward to focusing on completing goals this year. I am hoping my word is as helpful to me as yours has been to you! Stopped over from Joy in This Journey today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your honesty. It is not often that we can admit we feel hopeless, but I have been there too!

    How were you able to incorporate hope into your life? When I felt "hopeless" it took a really long time for me to find that hope again. A lot of talks with God and with other people, etc. Searching and searching. Would love to know more about that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great word...hope...so glad you are feeling the transforming power of this truth...Blessings as hope continues to fill your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank God He is our hope. I wrote a hymn "Hope of Glory", on my music blog under the Hope Label.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been where you are talking about without that hope we need so desperately at times. Thanks for this great post of encouragement. Gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the first year I've chosen a One Word, and I'm finding that the more I focus on it, the more God is teaching me. Hope is a great word to focus on. My word is Trust.

    I stopped over from Spiritual Sundays.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rebecca, Hope is both a word and a reality that entered my world several years ago and turned it upside down. In fact, it's why I blog. I wrote about it here: http://myplacetoyours.blogspot.com/2011/02/why-i-blog-still-morphing.html

    I am praying right now that God will continue to help you focus on Him and give you a fresh supply of Hope every day. Just think of the transformation you've already experience this year... and it's only February! May God's richest blessings be yours in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's a great word. Without hope....we can't move forward.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOPE. We need it, and so does the world. Now more than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope is such an important word. One can live without a lot of things but hope is not one of them. We must have hope.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your words bless me, friend. Hope does make a difference in our lives. Isn't it amazing how God can take an ugly list and shine it up into something totally different, infused with hope? I'm praying God will continue to give you hope.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails