Photo Credit: Per Ola Wiberg (Creative Commons)
I believe that this is the busiest time of the year. With all the Christmas preparations it's easy to lose focus on the real meaning of Christmas.
Christmas is not about shopping, decorating, menu planning or going to parties. All of these are good things, but in the midst of it all, don't miss out on the best that this season has to offer.
Christmas is about...
- Family - God created a family for Jesus with Mary and Joseph, and because Jesus came to earth as a baby and grew up to become a man who would die on the cross for our sins, we can be a part of God's family.
- Relationships - Without Jesus we have no chance to have a relationship with God.
- Love - It's the reason why Jesus left heaven to come to earth to save us from our sins and to give us the ultimate gift -- eternal life.
- God's sovereignty - No man, not even Herod, could stop God's plan to provide salvation for all.
- God's faithfulness - God had promised a Savior for years and in His perfect timing He kept that promise.
- Patience - Some like Anna waited years for the Messiah. We will not always get what we want when we want it. Like Anna, we must learn to wait patiently on the Lord to provide exactly what we need.
What is Christmas to you? What are you doing this season to remember the real meaning of Christmas?