Friday, November 04, 2011

In His Word Friday - November 4, 2011



David sang to the Lord the words of this song when the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul.  He said:

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation.  He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior -- from violent men you save me. I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies. (2 Samuel 22:1-4)

Linking with Nicole at Coming Alive in Christ.

3 comments:

  1. Now where did I read this week about the Lord BEING our refuge? Can't remember. Anyway, your verses make the point that God didn't just say he would provide a refuge for us, he said he would BE the refuge.

    He IS all these things. Thanks for sharing these words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Rebecca! Love this passage, so comforting!

    Thanks for joining in again!! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And this is also my prayer Rebecca and I really don't know why sometimes I just forget that HE IS MY ROC and leave the fear invade me when it's come to my family. Now I try to stop everything where ever I'm when I feel like this, I go to the toilet and breath and pray till the peace come back again.

    Have a wonderfully blessed day!

    Grace

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails