Sunday, November 27, 2011

1000 Gifts - 586 to 605

Continuing to count my precious gifts from God:

586.  Scripture that gets my eyes focused in the right direction: Forget the former things; don't dwell on the past. See I'm doing a new thing. Isaiah 43:18-19
587.  My friend's family having a safe trip as they traveled cross the country to their new home
588.  As a non-morning person, learning to appreciate my quiet time with the Lord
589.  Encouragement from my online friends
590.  Safety while driving for myself and my family

591.  A pastor who is burdened to follow God's leadership in his ministry
592.  Reading this on a day when everything was going wrong
593.  God not giving up on me
594.  By His grace God sees my potential
595.  Realizing that God is more interested in my character than my comfort

596.  Doing a Bible study with my sister using The Gospel of Ruth
597.  My Life Applications Study Bible
598.  Social media to keep in touch with friends who live far away
599.  The sale of my grandparents' home
600.  Connecting with some wonderful bloggers who bless me through their writing

601.  Learning that comparing myself to others is not only wrong but it's not fair to me
602.  Encouraging comments on my blog
603.  Choosing the best over the good by telling a friend that I could no longer assist him with a project
604.  Direction from the Holy Spirit
605.  The power of the Holy Spirit that resides within me



1 comment:

  1. So many good things on this list!! I too am very thankful for the Holy Spirit. I'd be so lost without Him!!

    Speaking of the Holy Spirit, I was convicted just this morning about comparison. Now that's a sneaky one, isn't it? It seems so innocent to let the mind drift, but then the mind becomes the battlefield. It's a slippery slope after that.

    I too am thankful for internet friends! Thankful for you!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails