Friday, October 28, 2011

Looking for Hope

Dark sky Photo Credit: Monica Arellano-Ongpin


This month has been very hectic for me, and as the month draws near I find myself in still in the midst of a trial and drained physicially and emotionally.

Last night before I went to sleep I told God that I trusted Him with my life, and asked God for help to get through this time of my life and for some sign of hope to help me hold on.

This morning I read the following:
Any trial a believer faces can ultimately bring glory to God because God can bring good out of any bad situation.  When trouble comes, do you grumble, complain and blame God, or do you see your problems as opportunities to honor him? ~ Life Application Study Bible Devotion
This was convicting because I have been guilty of wanting to get out of trials instead of seeing God's purpose for the trials. I'm getting better at this, but I still complain, even if it's to myself, as my flesh wants to flee my circumstances.
How comforting to know we don't have to wait on our circumstances to work for our good. Instead we wait on God, because it's HIM who works for our good. He's trustworthy and faithful. {And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him. ~Rom. 8:28} ~ Proverbs 31 Ministries from Facebook
This gave me a sense of peace. It also made me smile because about two weeks ago as I was waking up one morning the Holy Spirit brought Romans 8:28 to my mind, and since that time He has continued to bring this verse to my mind. God keeps reinforcing His message to me that He is actively working in my life for good regardless of what I perceive.

Then before lunch I had two prayers answered. The first was something I earnestly wanted, but knew there was no way for it to come about without God's intervention. The second was something I had been praying about for months. These answered prayers are yet further affirmative that God cares for me, He hears me when I pray, He meets my needs and He's working actively in my life.

I don't know how much longer this trial will last.  However, I do know that God is with me every step of the way working all things out for good, and when I need a renewed sense of hope, He will provide that too.




12 comments:

  1. Great post, Rebecca! I'm sure it's no 'coincidence' that you earnestly prayed to God last night that you trusted him with your life and then two major prayer requests were answered today! That's just awesome. Romans 8:28 has been a favorite scripture for me too during my trial.
    Take care,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree....even when it doesn't seem like it...or feel like it...He's there in our corner...running with us. Stay strong. He won't ever let you down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow. This is so encouraging! Bless you,Sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your story. By sharing your pain you are showing others that when we go through them we are to look to our verses of hope and remember we are here to bring glory to Him-our ultimate purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an encouraging post, Rebecca. God is always with us even when we don't see it...feel it...or hear it..that is why I love the verse.."Be still and KNOW that I am God." I love Rom 8:28 too and we claim it often in this house :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this testimony. It always encourages me when I know about how God is working in lives of other believers. His ways are not always our ways. He sees the big picture, we just see little parts of it. It is so great when he gives us another glimpse of the big picture.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gracious God we have, to answer your prayer(s) as He did. I am reminded over and over again of how God is patient with our complaining, even as He works through our (admittedly uncomfortable) circumstances to accomplish our good and His glory.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The trials are what have helped me to grow into the person I've become. Not happy when they are happening but grateful to be able to see and understand the end results.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this post. I am going through some trials of my own and it has been difficult. This is a great reminder and a blessing to know that God is and will continue to work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry you're in an extended time of trial. :-( I'm glad God is leading you though to scriptures and attitudes that keep you waiting on him. It's not easy, but I know you will endure with faith.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's to hoping what you gain from the trials out way the pain. Good for you for pushing on with hope.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so neat that God brought these two quotes to you soon after contemplating Romans 8:28, then followed that with answered prayer. He does truly work good through our trials, though we may not see what it is for a time.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails