Sunday, September 25, 2011
Use working definitions [with your children]:
1. Obedience is doing what someone says, right away, without being reminded.
2. Honor is treating people as special, doing more than what’s expected, and having a good attitude.
3. Perseverance is hanging in there even after you feel like quitting.
4. Attentiveness is showing people you love them by looking at them when they say their words.
5. Patience is waiting with a happy heart.
6. Self-discipline is putting off present rewards for future benefits.
7. Gratefulness is being thankful for the things I have instead of grumbling about the things I don’t have.
The Parenting Book You Can Read to Your Kids by Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller
These are simple definitions for children, but a powerful reminder for this adult.
For more great quotes, visit Barbara at Stray Thoughts.