Sunday, August 28, 2011

Time: How Are You Going To Spend It?



"Today the average life span is 25,550 days.  That's how long you will live if you are typical.  Don't you think it would be a wise use of time to set aside some of those days to figure out what God wants you to do with the rest of them?" (Purpose Driven Life Calendar, Tuesday, January 1, 2007)

This quote reminds me that we are to count our days and to make each and every one of them count.  By expressing the average life span in days, it puts things into perspective when I think of how many days have already passed in my life and knowing that I am not guaranteed tomorrow.

"Don't say you don't have enough time.  You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leondardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson and Albert Einstein."  H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

This quote reminds me that we will make time for the things we want or have to do. If things are not getting done, it's not because we lack time, but because are priorities are not properly aligned and/or we are trying to do more than God intended for us to do.

2 comments:

  1. So the H. Jackson Brown quote is very convicting...

    Just about to sit down and schedule out the rest of my day. Now I will do so with more purpose. Thanks, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of those are convicting. I've let so many valuable days just drift by and then get frustrated at my lack of accomplishment. Thanks for the perspective!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails