Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Prayer for Revival

Prayer is the language
Photo Credit: Leland Francisco (Lel4nd ~ Creative Commons)

Create in me a clean heart, O God.
A heart...that won't run after worldly goods and pleasures; that is eager to do good and avoids evil; that is full of love and humility; that takes no pride in my accomplishments or the blessings You've bestowed on me; that turns to You and not the world; that puts You before anything and anyone else.

Renew a right spirit within me.
A spirit...that is completely committed to You; that is obedient regardless of the cost; that is not double-minded; that is resolved to know You deeply; that is focused on eternity; that is willing to allow You to saturate every part of me and every aspect of my life.


4 comments:

  1. "that is not double-minded"

    Yes, this is one of my most fervent prayers that I must pray when worry starts to creep in. Will I focus on my fears and worries or will I focus my eyes on Him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Sister! :)

    God bless and keep you,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your amplification here.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this thru three times...each one bringing more and more to my mind to surrender and thank Him for.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails