Friday, August 26, 2011

The Power of One

Man at work
Photo Credit:  Archibald Ballantine (zoetnet)~ Creative Commons

"Go up and down the streets of Jerusalem, look around and consider, search through her squares.  If you can find but one person who deals honestly and seeks the truth, I will forgive this city" Jeremiah 5:1

God made this statement prior to his judgment on Judah for their disobedience.  This is not the first time God made such a remark about sparing a city if a small remenant of faithful followers could be found; he said the same about Sodom (Genesis 18:32).

One faithful person was all it would have taken for God to forgive the entire nation's sins.  It just goes to show how powerful the influence of a faithful person is.

"It doesn't matter what I do. I can't make a difference by myself." are lies.  We discount God's power and our influence as a Christian whenever we accept those lies.

We need to be faithful even when others are not.  We need to remain faithful when we feel like giving up.  We need to be faithful even when we can't see that we are making a difference. We need to remain faithful not for any acclaim that we may receive, but because it's the right thing to do. We need to be faithful because our Lord is faithful to us...always has been and always will be.





10 comments:

  1. I loved every word of this post. It speaks so directly to me right now in my life as I'm trying to activate that kind of faithfulness.
    Have a great weekend!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful and the photo is perfect and drew me in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thank you very much for such powerful encouragement.
    "We need to be faithful even when we can't see that we are making a difference...because it's the right thing to do. "
    So much truth here!
    Have a blessed weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the photo and good message. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a powerful message and so true. Also relevant in my life - I work as an accountant. You would or maybe you wouldn't be surprised at the ways companies try to cook the books so they look better to their creditors. I am all about the truth.

    Stopping by from LBS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this picture. And oh, my heart cry is that I will be found faithful.

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Rebecca! So very true!!
    Even when we don't think we are making a difference we are. You never know who is watching and to God everything we do makes a difference!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love being around faithful people.I want to be one of the faithful ones.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lesson that the Lord continues to teach me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful thoughts. I needed to read this. Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails