Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Paradox of New

New Year Sunrise
Photo Credit: Jun (Joka2000) ~ Creative Commons

Five Minute Friday is a challenge to write for five minutes with no editing or second guessing.

This week's word prompt is NEW.

GO!

New is exciting. I've been waiting for this new thing for quite a while. It holds much hope and promise. It should be an exciting adventure. It will get me out of my groove; it will different

But the problem with new is that it's different. It's scary. This new experience will force me out of my comfort and will require me to do things I've never done before. It is risky; I could get hurt and fail.  It will get me out of my comfort zone and there will be no going back. My insecurities and weaknesses will be revealed. New will require me to walk by faith.

Am I willing to sacrifice the comfort of my present for the rewards of new thing to come?

STOP

For more 5 minute Friday entries, visit The Gypsy Mama.




No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails