Monday, August 15, 2011

Note to Self #9



From Open Windows:
Worship comes before work. Prayer precedes programs. The one who worships God and prays to Him will never lack for opportunities to work.
It's all about putting God first. When we do that, everything else will fall into place.

From Making Disciples on Facebook:
You can't invite Jesus into your life and then call interference when things don't go your way. ~ Miguel Labrador
From my perpetual calendar at my office:
God wants nothing from us except our needs, and these furnish Him with room to display His bounty when He supplies them freely...Not what I have, but what I do not have, is the first point of contact between my soul and God. ~ Charles H. Spurgeon

3 comments:

  1. "You can't invite Jesus into your life and then call interference when things don't go your way."

    This one hits home today. I ask God for opportunities to serve others, but I don't like the one he's given me because it's hard and gets me out of my comfort zone.

    But isn't that the perfect time for HIS strength to show through? I have to preach to myself often. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last one gets me: "God wants nothing from us except our needs, and these furnish Him with room to display His bounty when He supplies them freely..."

    I'm so often wrapped up in my strengths, my abilities, what I have to offer--and even when I feel inadequate, I'm busy bemoaning my lack. Yet my needs are opportunities for God to display His greatness, His bounty, His grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these pack a wallop! I tend to just plunge in and need to remember "Worship comes before work."

    And "Not what I have, but what I do not have, is the first point of contact between my soul and God" -- "nothing in my hands I bring, simply to thy cross I cling."

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails