Friday, August 05, 2011

National Day of Prayer

U.S. Army Africa National Prayer Breakfast Caserma Ederle Vicenza Italy 20100211
Photo Credit: US Army Africa

In response to Texas Governor Rick Perry call for a national day of prayer and fasting, thousands have gathered today in Houston, Texas to pray for our nation.

I love that I can participate in this prayer event from my home because: 1) the live web stream and 2) more importantly, that God can and will hear my prayers regardless of where I am.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Your works and character are so amazing that it boggles my mind.  You are the one true God who created the heavens and the earth, who sustains all life and who establishes governments.

Lord, You have blessed our nation so much and we have taken those blessings for granted.  You are compassionate, loving and slow to anger for which I am truly thankful.

I confess the sins that we Americans, including myself, have committed against You.  Our currency has "In God We Trust" imprinted on it, but Lord, we have turned from You and have placed our trust in worthless idols.  As a nation we have become deaf and blind to You and Your ways.  We no longer value the things that You do. 

Forgive us, Lord, for rebelling against You.  We need You, Lord Jesus. Open our ears so we will hear You.  Open our eyes so we will see You all around us.  Soften our hearts so we will humble ourselves before You.  Cleanse us from all unrighteousness so we may be blameless in Your eyes and so we can reflect Your glory to the lost of the world.  Give us a willing spirit to obey You regardless of the cost.  Renew within us a right spirit so we will be just and faithful.  Incline our hearts to You so will seek You and Your wisdom.  I pray that our nation will return to You and that You will grant us favor.

In Jesus' name, I pray.
Amen


 

6 comments:

  1. Amen Sister! I will share your blog on mine to reach out to more.

    God bless and keep you,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was blessed to hear about this yesterday and also prayed at home but on my own (didn't hear about the telecast :) ). PLUS I was able to spend time alone with two different grandkids while we each prayed for our country! What a great way to teach them this vital concept. Thanks so much for sharing more about it. And Praise God for Gov. Perry for his involvement in it! Praying for him as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I"m sure this prayer day made the Lord very happy.
    Blessings,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved it when I heard about this prayer event and heard the governor's prayer. This is the kind of man I would definitely vote for for President. Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails