Wednesday, August 31, 2011

How to Wait

Wait
Photo Credit:  Vivian Eng (vivianejl) ~ Creative Commons


When we wait on the Lord, our focus should be on God not our problems and pain. By focusing on our circumstances, we will become discouraged, but focusing on God will change our attitude and give us a new perspective.

Waiting is hard, and we cannot do it with our own strength. We need God's strength which He will freely give to those who wait so we will be able to endure and perserve.

As we wait we should place on hope in God's Word. God always keeps His promises. Also, while waiting it is helpful to remember that God is sovereign over all and He is in control.

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
and in his word I put my hope. Psalm 130:5






1 comment:

  1. Patience is not one of my strongest virtues. It's important to God as I wait on Him, so I'm trying. Thanks for encouraging me work on it.

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails