Sunday, August 28, 2011

Daybook - August 28, 2011



Outside my window...97 degrees and clear blue skies.

I am thinking...about the past.  Twenty five years ago this week with the help of my family I moved four hours away to begin college.  Six years ago today after living all of my life on the Gulf Coast I evacuated for the very first time because of a hurricane -- Hurricane Katrina.

I am thankful...for my church family and being able to worship freely with them.

In the kitchen...doggies bags from lunch at IHop. (Confession: Today was my first time eating at IHop, and I'm now wondering how I have missed eating there all these years.)

I am creating...a food plan so I can eat healthier and make better food choices.

I am going...to start exercising regularly tomorrow. My goal is five times a week with a combination of cardio, strength training and stretching.

I am reading...Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst which accounts for the food plan. I had already decided to begin exercising consistently so the book has just helped pull all the pieces together.

I am praying...for all those affected by Hurricane Irene -- for their continued safety as the storm continues and during the clean up process, that the insurance claims process will be quick and fair, that utilities services will be restored quickly, and that everyone will have their basic needs met.

I am hearing...the air conditioner running.

I am pondering...God's grace. I'm so undeserving, but He has chosen to lavish me with His love and grace. My mind has trouble wrapping around how much He loves me, but I'm so grateful that He does.

One of my favorite things...black and white movies. This weekend I've watched Young Doctor Kildare and Johnny Belinda, both of which has strong story lines without any explicitness.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Visit a friend who has cancer, meet with my boss to wrap up any loose ends before the holiday weekend, and make plans with the family for Labor Day.

A picture that I am sharing:
Bay St. Louis
Photo Credit: NatalieMaynor (Creative Commons)

This picture was taken last summer in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi. With all the rebuilding that has occurred on the coast, this is, unfortunately, not an uncommon sight.

Linking with The Simple Woman's Daybook

3 comments:

  1. I am stopping by from LBS. Great post. I know how you feel. I too live on the Gulf Coast, and although Katrina has come and gone, all too often I pass reminders about what happened on that day one August.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am stopping by from LBS. Great post. I know how you feel. I too live on the Gulf Coast, and although Katrina has come and gone, all too often I pass reminders about what happened on that day one August.
    http://katies20sfarewelltour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca,
    I love that idea...a simple woman's daybook! I just wanted to say thank you for stopping by my blog!
    Blessings!
    ~Erin
    www.mynuggetsoftruth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails