Sunday, July 10, 2011

Seeing the Big Picture



"God knows everything about us. He understands every thought and feeling before we even think or feel it. Nothing is wasted in His economy, even though we don't see how that's possible at the time.
Take heart. God sees the big picture. Rest in Him, and give Him time to reveal His plans for you." Praying for Your Future Husband: Preparing Your Heart for His by Robin Jones Gunn and Tricia Goyer
While this quote came from a book about praying for your future husband, the comfort I find from this quote applies to all areas of my life. Because it doesn't matter how long I've been a Christian or how well I know the Bible, there are times when my world gets turned upside down, and I need to be reminded of God's unconditional love for me, and that He has a wonderful plan for my life. I need to remember that He understands me better than anyone in the whole world; He knows me better than I know myself.

Without timely reminders like this quote, I will easily become frazzled and apprehensive in times of trouble, but as always, God knows exactly what I need. When He reminds me that He knows me completely and knows the path He is leading me down, I can rest in His presence assured that everything will work according to His perfect plan for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails