Monday, July 25, 2011

Note to Self #7


From Proverbs 31 Ministries on Facebook:
The spirit of complaint is born out of an unwillingness to trust God with today. Like the Israelites, it means you are spending your time looking back toward Egypt or wishing for the future all the while missing what God is doing right now. ~Priscilla Shirer
From Revive Our Hearts with Nancy Leigh DeMoss on Facebook:
I’m not responsible for the actions of others. I’m responsible merely for my own reactions and my responses to others . . . the implication of that is that no one can make me sin.
From the June Journey magazine:
In a passage on heaven, author John Eldredge wrote, "The One who created you and set all those loves and gifts in your heart, the One who has shaped all your life experiences (including the one that seem to make no sense), this God has prepared a place for you that is a more perfect fit for all your gifts and quirks and personality traits -- even those you don't know you have" (Journey of Desire).

3 comments:

  1. "The spirit of complaint is born out of an unwillingness to trust God with today."

    Why is it so hard for me to stay in today, today, today? This quote really resonates with me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed all three of those today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these speak to me but especially the last one.

    Thanks so much for your comments on The Week In Words. Except for one lone dissenter on the poll, it looks like there's enough interest to continue.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails