Friday, June 17, 2011

Worth the Wait

It's Worth the Wait!
Photo Credit: QueenNeveen (Flickr - Creative Commons)

I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry....Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods. Psalm 40:1, 4

Blame it our express lane society or just my self-involved flesh, but I don’t like to wait. However, often God will answers my prayers with “Wait...not yet.”. I have come to realize that part of my spiritual growth is to wait on the Lord. "Often blessings cannot be received unless we go through the trial of waiting."(Life Application Bible)

Waiting may seem like a passive activity. Satan would like us to think this so we'll become frustrated and impatient. Unbeknownst to us, a lot of stuff happens when we wait on God. While we wait, God is preparing us for the next step in our walk with Him.

Waiting for God is never time spent in vain. This is because God is faithful and He will continue to actively work in our life until we are in heaven with Him. Waiting patiently requires us to trust God, and we can because He's faithful.



7 comments:

  1. Amen sister! It seems our prayer life is like a traffic light... No (red) slow (yellow) Go (green). I prefer the Go's over the no's and the slows but I am so glad my heavenly Father knows better than me... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting is not in vain. I always need to be reminded of that. As we wait, may we know that he's still working!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I hate to wait and I know I am not alone. I have found though that it really pays to wait for God. His time table is not the same as mine. Of course His is so much better. His is perfect. I like what you said about what He is doing while we're waiting,
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! Thanks for this great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waiting, this is huge~~I like to take baby steps on this one. Each day I like to look around and see what he is doing for all my loved ones and just take it all in.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought of it that way, Rebecca,(waiting requires us to trust) but it's so true. I need to work on the virtue of patience.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waiting is so important.. Yesterday in church someone posed the question.. "Why do we try and rush God?".. it seems as though we pray and often expect an immediate answer what we don't understand is God is working behind the scenes strategically moving everything into place so that when the answer comes it will be bigger an greater than we ever imagined!

    Blessings to you, thank you for a great post.

    Misty

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails