Sunday, June 26, 2011

Taking A Much Needed Rest

Rest here
Photo Credit: Oliver Kendal (Creative Commons)

This week I will be meditating on Exodus 14:14:
The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.
I love that God is on my side willing and able to defend and protect me, but first I need to be still and rest in His presence.

I need to rest from:
  • Striving to do things with only my own power;
  • Trying to escape trials;
  • Trying to figure out how to right all the wrongs I encounter.
I have to trust that God will take care of me and what's going on in my life. Sometimes I just need to get out of His way so He can work in my life.

What do you need to take a rest from this week?

I am linking to Spiritual Scripture where we are sharing verses that we are focusing on this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails