Sunday, June 12, 2011

Note to Self #4


From Lysa TerKeurst:
Nothing kills patience like being solely focused on the object of your desire. And tragically, impatience becomes the breeding ground for compromise.
From The Rurban Church:
Mark Mittelberg says, "We must become courageous Christians if we're to become contagious ones."
From The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom with John and Elizabeth Sherrill:
Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see.

3 comments:

  1. That first quote is SO true. Which is why I have to continually be turning my focus to Christ, making Him my supreme object of desire. Because whenever any other desire becomes my focus, I quickly fall into sin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this quote scares me a little:
    “And tragically, impatience becomes the breeding ground for compromise.”
    I’m thinking about several things that I am impatient in…

    Corrie ten Boom gives such excellent advice. I wish I could have sat down at the kitchen table with her while she was alive and soaked in her wisdom.

    Thanks for sharing, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, that first one is so true. It's so easy to focus on the thing you're desiring and then be tempted to do "whatever" to get it sooner. Another reason to keep turning our focus to Christ.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails