Sunday, June 05, 2011

Note to Self #3


From Grace Quotes daily e-mail:
Worldliness is what any particular culture does to make sin look normal and righteousness look strange. Author unknown
From Praying for Purpose for Women by Katie Brazelton:
Turning points occur when our plans and reality collide. Disappointments, failures, tragedies, and dead ends all provide an opportunity to ask "Why?" and become a victim or to ask "What next?" and cooperate with God about the next phase of our life! ~ Janet Congo
From Home Life:
Everyone wants to receive a blessing, but not many want to be a blessing. What does it mean to be a blessing? It means affecting the lives of those around us for their good, which in turn brings honor to God. ~ Joe Gibbs, Game Plan for Life

3 comments:

  1. That second one really gets me. It seems there are many opportunities to ask "Why?", to question why life has turned out differently than I expected or intended. Yet, in these turning points, I DO have a choice. I have a choice to become a bitter old woman, or to be the woman God would make me into--a woman who has been strengthened rather than hardened by her circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first quote reminds of something I’ve read recently that Satan takes pleasures that God designed for good, and twists them around. Good quotes here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first one stood out to me as I have been pondering what exactly worldliness is. I have a book on that topic on my nightstand.

    The other two are great, too.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails