Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Master's Plan

7 days planned
Photo credit: Banalities (Flikr)

My Siesta Scripture Memory Team verse for the rest of June is Jeremiah 29:11. I have memorized this verse before both in the King James Version and the New Interational Version, but the Amplified Version really spoke to me so I decided to memorize it too.  The Amplified Version says: 

For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.
  • The fact that the Almighty God thinks of me never ceases to amaze me. His thoughts of me are numerous. He has taken all those thoughts and made plans for me.
  • Those plans are for my benefit. God desires that all my needs be met and that I have a right relationship with Him and others so I can experience peace and well being.
  • God is good so therefore, His thoughts and plans for me are all good. Even when things appear to be going south in my life, I can trust in His goodness and know that He will work everything out for good.
  • God wants me to have hope. He knows I need hope to persevere when times get tough. His many promises that are in the Bible are my source of hope.
  • God doesn't do anything halfway. God will continue to work in and through me until His purpose is fulfilled.
I have linked this post to Scripture Sunday where we are sharing verses that we will be meditating on this week.  What verse will be your focus this week?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's the same verse I put up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremiah 29:11 is my life verse-- actually it is my husbands and mine. I love all the different translations. I have a sweet little ring with the whole verse engraved on it-- I love it.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails