Friday, July 15, 2011

Because Jesus Said So

After reading Mark 3:13-19 where Jesus called the 12 disciples, I was recently asked why did the disciples follow Jesus.

My first response was because Jesus said so. It's the way it should be.  However, I know at times I don't always do that. I'm slow to obey because I'm sizing up the situation. Obedience should be wholeheartedly and without hesitation. 

But another reason why I think they followed Jesus is because of the Holy Spirit. No one can come to Jesus without God drawing them to His Son. He chooses us, gives us faith to believe and then speaks to us through the Holy Spirit to draw us to Jesus.

So, why do you think the disciples followed Jesus?


6 comments:

  1. Wow, what you said about obedience without hesitation really convicted me! Thank you for posting this. God has really been dealing with me A LOT on obedience. I think the disciples followed Him because they saw that He was the real deal. There were so many different personalities represented in the disciples. That says something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankful the Holy Spirit nudges us to do the things we are called to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good question. I'll ponder it! I like the brevity of your post and your answer to the question. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Jesus called the ones who followed because he knew their hearts and knew they would obey. This is an interesting question I had never considered before. Thank you for making me think.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the disciple's heart was touched when Jesus called them. Maybe the the disciples walking with Jesus after the Resurrection. "Did not our hearts burn within us?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you feel His love you want to do whatever He asks

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails