Saturday, May 07, 2011

Silent and Still

stillness by water
Photo Credit:  Per Ola Wiberg

O God, do not remain silent; do not turn a deaf ear, do not stand aloof, O God. (Psalm 83:1)


What we perceive to be silence from God is not a sign God is ignoring our plight, but that He is waiting for the perfect time for Him to respond to our request. God is always working on our behalf.

If God hasn't answered your prayers, it may be because it's not the right time for God to do so. While we wait, we must trust in God's divine plan and perfect timing. Those who wait on the Lord will be blessed.


Dear Lord,

Help me to wait patiently for you to respond to my requests. May I never take matters into my own hands and move outside Your perfect will for me. Forgive me for getting frustrated when things do not change according to my will.  I know You have a plan and a purpose for my life, and I trust You to carry it out in Your perfect timing.

In Jesus' name, Amen.

7 comments:

  1. thank you for this reminder....wishing you a great weekened....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you blog. Brings honor to our Lord. Feel free to come visit me. God bless, Dr. Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never easy but always true...

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so true and I've been guilty many times of taking things in my own hands.

    I'm visiting from Spiritual Sundays.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so impatient. I'm always trying to fix everything myself. A good reminder to me to wait for God's timing.

    I hope you are having a joyful day.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so true,it is within his time.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so true. God is not on our time schedule. He is not on anybody's time schedule. His timing is perfect and we need to remember that when we don't think He is doing what we think is best.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails