Saturday, May 14, 2011

Our Responsibility to the Next Generation

Vacation Bible School Class 2
Photo credit:  boatwrightsphilippines

He decreed statutes for Jacob and established the law in Israel, which he commanded our ancestors to teach their children (Psalm 78:5)

God has given us the Bible, and He expects us to share it and teach it to our children. Even if you don't have children in your home (like me), there are children in your life that you can teach about God's commands, lessons from His Word and about His character.
 
If you don't know who from the next generation you should be teaching, ask God to reveal that to you.  There are plenty of children who need to learn about God and His Word.  Are you will to be their teacher?
 
Dear Lord,
 
Thank you for Your Word. It is a valuable gift which I pray that I will never take for granted. I know I have the responsibility to teach children about You and Your commands, even though I don't have children of my own. I realize I am not excused from this awesome responsibility.
 
Help me to recognize and take advantage of opportunities that you give me to teach the children You have placed in my life, especially my nephew and niece. Give me the words to say so they will understand Your truth, and give me wisdom to answer their questions accurately. I cannot do this without Your help so I'm trusting You to supply not only the opportunities to teach children, but also to guide me as I do so.
 
In Jesus' name, I pray.
Amen

3 comments:

  1. very good post.....thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So important, isn't it to teach the next generation...God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will never forget when I was about 8 yrs old a lady in our neighborhood taught the neighborhood children. It was the first I remembered of hearing about God. A couple of years later I told my Mom who was a Christian but hadn't gone to church in years that I wanted to go to church. We started going and went regularly from that time on. Teaching children is soooo important. Thank you for this post.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails