Sunday, May 15, 2011

It's All About Focus


From The Measure of a Man:
"Fixing our eyes on Jesus" is perhaps the most important lesson in this athletic metaphor. Any runner in the Greek stadium who took his eyes off the goal and either looked at the crowds, or his competitors, would lose valuable time and concentration. So it is in the Christian life. When we get our eyes off the Lord, and onto others, we are in danger of getting sidetracked spiritually. ~ Gene Getz
From Twitter:
A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence. ~ Jim Watkins

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this reminder to focus, Rebecca. And CONGRATULATIONS--you're the winner of "Praying for Your Future Husband" over at Read. Write. Pray! Please send your mailing address to me at marti (at) martipieper (dot) com and I'll get the book out to you ASAP. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are two great quotes about focus. Persistence is an outgrowth of determined focus. We have so much that can distract us -- thanks for the encouraging reminders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw your title, I knew I was hooked. I’m really narrowing my focus this week to accomplishing two things a day, instead of *trying* to accomplish a million different things and failing every day. By being faithful in those few things, I feel I can set my eyes more on the Lord and not get so distracted by the busy-ness of life. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails