Monday, April 04, 2011

The Week in Words - April 4, 2011


From a Facebook friend:
The Competitor's Creed: I give my all -- all of the time. I do not give up. I do not give in. I do not give out. I am the Lord's warrior -- a competitor by conviction and a disciple of determination. I am confident beyond reason because my confidence lies in Christ. The results of my efforts must result in His glory. Let the competition begin! Let the glory be God's!

and

What I have learned in my life is that discipline is not about perfection, but consistency. It's about the pursuit and resolve; many of us have good intentions, but good intentions without consistent actions are worthless.

From Home Life:

The thankful heart sees the best part of every situation. It sees problems and weaknesses as opportunities, struggles as refining tools, and sinner as saints in progress. ~ Francis Frangipane

5 comments:

  1. I love that second one--I think perfectionism is often one of the biggest stumbling blocks to discipline in my own life. When I make mistakes, I tend to throw up my hands and quit rather than plowing through, doing the persistent work it takes to be disciplined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie @ comfortedbyGod.blogspot.com

    Hi, Rebecca,
    Thank you for following my blog, now Ive found your beautiful ministry. Im your newest follower and I look forward to getting to know you thru our blogs. have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bekah, I'm the same way and I guess that's why this quote spoke to me so.

    Carrie, Thanks for following my blog. I'm looking forward to getting to know you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "What I have learned in my life is that discipline is not about perfection, but consistency."

    I think if we could all get this one, we'd give up less often. One reason I've been able to maintain consistency with my afternoon quiet time through the years is that I KNOW I won't do it every day. I can't be perfect with it, but that's okay, so I don't quit when I miss a day (or 2 or 3!).

    Now, if I could just learn that attitude with other things! ha.

    Great quotes, Rebecca. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the second one as well: I appreciate the balance between pursuit and resolve. Perfectionism can be so frustrating, but consistency is attainable with God's help/

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails