Sunday, May 23, 2010

Fear of Sudden Disasters & Ruin - Part 2

Have no fear of sudden disaster or of ruin that overtakes the wicked for the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared. Proverbs 3:25-26

Observation

Fear is a very common emotion in our world, and there are many sources which have the potential of creating fear within us. At the extreme, fear can grip a person so fiercely that he will restrict his activities in an attempt avoid any misfortune. Nevertheless, any fear other than the fear of God is a signal that the person is not trusting God.

At the other extreme is a man who lives life in a reckless, carefree manner with no regard to himself or others. While this person may appear to have no fears, his self-destructive behavior is probably deeply rooted in fear. However, the only fear that he needs to have is missing – the fear of God – because the one who fears the Lord will have respect for others and himself and will live a lifestyle that exhibits self-control, all of which is pleasing to God.

Application

So how do you avoid these two extremes? Trust God always! Know that God is bigger than any fear that you will ever have, and with Him you never need to fear man, diseases or natural disasters. He is willing and capable of delivering you from your ungodly fears and preserving you from any troubles that may enter your life.

Prayer

Dear Lord, Help me to avoid all extremes – from allowing fear to dominate me so that I live a life that is less than what you have planned for me and from living so irresponsibly that I needlessly put myself and others in harm’s way. Deliver me from all of my unfounded fears and guide me in your truth. You are my confidence, Lord, and I trust you to protect me in every way. I love You! In Christ’s name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails