Sunday, April 08, 2007

Dealing With Conflict -- Sunday School Notes -- April 8, 2007

Conflict does not have to be negative, if it is handled correctly. Conflict almost always results in growth either in ourselves or in the other person.

Conflict should be handled in a way so they we act like Christ, so we are acting in love and so we are acting in Godly wisdom.

To act like Christ, look at Galatians 5:22-23 for a list of fruits of Spirit which each Christian should possess and then ask yourself if you are producing these fruits. Ask yourself: Am I being loving toward the other person in this conflict? Am I being peaceful? Am I being patient with the other person? Am I being kind and good? Am I am faithful? Am I being gentle with the other person? Am I being self-controlled?

To know how to act in love, look at 1 Corinthians 13. When you are having a conflict with another person, ask yourself these questions and if you can respond "yes", you will know you are acting in love: Am I being patient? Am I being kind? Do you rejoice when truth prevails? Are you hopeful? Are you enduring through every circumstance?. Also, ask yourself the following questions and if you respond "no" to these queries, you are acting in love: Am I jealous? Am I being boastful? Am I being proud? Am I being rude? Am I demanding my own way? Am I being irritable? Am I keeping a record of wrongs? Are you glad about injustices? Have you lost faith in the other person and are giving up?. Love never fails.

To know how to act in Godly wisdom, look at James 3:13-18. A person's actions will reveal if they are truly wise. Ask yourself: Am I doing good deeds? Am I bragging about these good deeds? Am I bitterly jealous? Do I have selfish ambition in my heart? Are my motives pure? Am I peace loving? Am I gentle? Am I willing to yield to others? Am I merciful? Am I being impartial? Am I sincere?. Being a peacemaker is not the same as being passive and it not the same thing as avoiding conflict. As Christians we have a responsibility to present the Truth to others which can and will cause conflict. We should not avoid doing the things that God has called us to do to avoid conflict with others, but instead we should do God's will in a way so that we are acting like Christ and out of love and Godly wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails