Saturday, December 02, 2006

There is Hope

"The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident. One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock." Psalm 27:1-5
Every person has experienced fear. While we have that in common, the source of our fear will be different for each person. Fears can range from the common (sickness, death, change, the dark) to the not so common (colors, numbers, gravity, laughter). There really seems to be no limit to what can frighten a person; there are even people who are afraid of fear itself (phobophobia).
What we fear is not as important as how we cope with our fear. Fear, if we let, can control our lives, paralyze us and rob us of our joy.
Fear is a signal to us that we need to change our focus from ourselves and our own limitations to God and His unfailing love. As Christians, we have no reason to fear anything in life or in death because God is always with us through every situation and He promises to take care of His children and keep us safe. (Genesis 15:1) When we focus our attention on His love instead of our fears, we will be filled with hope and our fears will be eliminated. (1 John 4:18)
There Is Hope
by
Bob Hefner
You see me as unafraid and strong,
But that perception is sometimes wrong.
I may be scared and feel so alone,
And only Christ's love can set us free.
I see you as boisterous and brave,
But I'm sure sometimes you're worry's slave.
The truth is you're a lot like me,
And only Christ's love can set us free.
We're not alone in the way we feel,
Just knowing that can help us heal.
We're not victims and there is hope,
Christ will give us the strength to cope.
No matter what is in our past,
Memories and events that hold us fast.
Christ came to redeem us from those things,
Trusting and obeying Him victory brings.
To be set free may take a while,
But Christ accompanies us every mile.
He'll forgive our sins instantly,
And gradually make us what He wants us to be.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome....so true. It is only His love and keeping our eyes on His love, His Word...JESUS, that those fears are eased. Great Truth!!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails